Ojochal is renowned for its restaurants (see Ojochal Restaurants for descriptions)
Ojochal does have all the essentials if you want to shop locally:
– Full service gas station at the base of Cinco Ventanas Road on the way to Villa Mariposa
– Well-stocked grocery store in Ojochal (Super Mercado La Jungla)
– Butcher Shop, just across the road from La Jungla
– convenience store, liquor Store and dive shop, halfway between the two bridges on the main highway when driving south towards Ojochal
– fresh fish and vegetables on sale every friday morning outside the Guarana Bar on Ojochal’s Main Street
There is a farmers market every Tuesday morning mornings with local and organic produce, baked goods and fresh fish at the Boca Coronado Restaurant.
Just north of Ojochal in nearby Uvita is an additional selection of services – See Uvita Services for banks, pharmacies and grocery stores.